Choosing a carbon mast is not an easy process as there are a lot of points to be considered. We are going to give you some points to be considered to allow you to be able to choose your mast with full confidence.
The main elements to consider are:
- the composite modulus (weight)
- the tube section (windage)
- the manufacturing process (weight and different finish)
- the mast and rigging geometry (weight, center of gravity ( CG))
- the hardware: mast head, spreaders, sheave boxes...(weight)
These elements have a significant effect on the mast weight (who can vary from 20% to 50%). Therefore, it is important that before making a choice of mast you have a good knowledge of these critical elements.